Archikids Festival 2015
- One weekend
- 35 activities
- 3,500 children
- 5,000+ families
- A fantastic success!
Archikids Festival 2015 celebrated it's third year with 35 activities opening city landmarks to over 3,800 children.
On the 25 & 26 July 2015 the City of London saw it's streets filled with exploring archi-tectives, discovering the Sqaure Mile's architectural and engineering feats!
- 3,338 children participants (50% increase from 2014 of 1,800 children)
- 5,000+ family attendees including children, parents, guardians
- 35 Activities
- Structure Rocks engineering strand
- Eco Explorer workshops with local schools before the festival
- Archi-Art Competition for budding new designers
- 170 professional facilitators assisted Open-City, including architects, engineers artists, designers, educators
- Archikids Festival is unique by hosting the activities directly in the inspiring spaces of the City
- 5 Festival Hubs across City of London’s Square Mile (Four hubs new to the programme in 2015)
- Our Venue Partners include 30 St Mary Axe, Broadgate, 6 Bevis Marks, Guildhall, Aldgate - view the venues map
What did we achieve?
2015 marked a ‘Step-Change’ for the festival in its third year
- Larger Audience
- Bigger Programme
- Greater Activity Learning
‘A fantastic experience, we attend every year & see archikids
as a supplementary experience to our 4 children’s schooling -
science, DT, art history and geography all in one big family day out- invaluable!’ Parent in 2015