Archikids Festival 2014 Celebrates a Great Success!
- One weekend
- 33 activities
- 3,500 families!
Open-City is delighted to celebrate the outstanding success of its second annual Archikids Festival.
Facts and Figures from the weekend:
- 3,500+ families attended
- Attendees from accross the city (29 of the 32 London borough), with particular attendance from Hackney, Islington, Barnet, Lewisham, Haringey, Wandsworth.
- 4 Festival Hubs with 16 inspiring venues across City of London’s Square Mile. Including The Gherkin, One New Change, Leadenhall Market and Broadgate Estates
- 33 activities focusing on architecture and engineering
- 116 facilitators assisting Open-City education team, including architects, artists, designers, educators
- 150+ entries to our festival competitions of Archit-Art and On Your Scooter
What did we achieve?
As a new engagement model that is both educational and enjoyable, the festival succeeded to:
Involve hard-to-reach young people - extending their skill set and linking
them with design professionals
- Engage a broad, multicultural and cross-borough audience
- Increase young people’s knowledge about, and perception of, the built environment, architecture and design
- Generate a new platform for professional learning, collaborations and volunteering
- Showcases innovative thinking and practice to educate future generations
about their city.
Thanks to our supporting practices for teaching the next generation of budding architects:
- Stanton Williams Architects • Foster + Partners • HTA Design
- PRP Architects • 3D Reid • Poulsom Middlehurst • Luke Hughes
- John Robertson Architects
Snapshot of the Festival